The Polish veteran implies that this was down to Dortmund, who refused to let him go.
“Every year, I was being told that I was going to Real Madrid, but then nothing happened,” Piszczek told Kicker.
“There were no offers, my agent didn’t tell me about direct contact, they were just rumours.
“Perhaps Borussia Dortmund wanted to prevent me from leaving, so they didn’t even listen to [offers from] other clubs.”
At 35 years of age, Piszczek remains a key player at Borussia Dortmund.
His contract was set to expire in June but he was recently renewed for another campaign.
The Pole is the current captain of Lucien Favre’s team, and has played in 26 out of a possible 31 Bundesliga matches this term.
- Inter complete signing of Hakimi for reported €40M fee
- GOOD NEWS: Djokovic, wife test negative for coronavirus
- Tyson Fury, Deomtay Wilder camps targeting Dec. 19 trilogy fight date
- Griezmann’s family slams Setien after late substitution against Atletico
- West Ham 3-2 Chelsea: The blues drops points (Highlight)