Aguero has not played since suffering chest pain during Barcelona’s 1-1 draw with Alaves on October 30.
- Sassuolo 0-3 Ac Milan: Rossoneri crowned champions of Italy first time since 2011
- Man City win Premier League title after incredible comeback against Aston villa
- La Liga report PSG to UEFA after Kylian Mbappe’s contract renewal
- Official: Kylian Mbappe agrees contract extension with PSG as he turns down Real Madrid
- Real Madrid sends message to Kylian Mbappe after extending contract with PSG
The Argentine striker was taken to hosital for tests and has been determined to have cardiac arrhythmia – an irregular heartbeat – placing his future in the game in question.
Aguero held a question and answer session at the Nou Camp on Wednesday where he confirmed his choice to resign.
“This conference is to let you know that it’s decided to leave the world of football,’ an emotional Aguero said.
“It’s a very hard time, it’s the most difficult decision I’ve made in my life. It’s a health issue, it’s the best decision for me.
“The doctors told me that the best for me was to stop. I made the decision a week ago.’
Aguero scored 379 goals in 663 games across his 18-year professional career, winning 17 trophies and playing for Independiente, Atletico Madrid, Manchester City and Barca.
Milan have been crowned as Serie A champion interestingly since the 2010-11 campaign subsequent...
Manchester City needed to do it the most difficult way possible on the last...
As Paris Saint-Germain have declared the extension of Kylian Mbappe, La Liga put out...
Kylian Mbappe has decided to stay at Paris Saint-Germain on a long-term contract, turning...