Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has hit out at the Aston Villa players for surrounding Bruno Fernandes before his disappointing penalty in Manchester United’s 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford.
The Reds had a chance to score a stoppage-time equaliser against Villa after being awarded a spot-kick for handball, but Fernandes sent his effort way over the bar.
- Richard Hughes: Cristiano Ronaldo headbutted me and got sent off, it’s a career highlight for me
- Azpilicueta in advanced transfer talks over free Barcelona move in January
- Atletico Madrid to battle Liverpool, Manchester United for 18-year-old striker
- Chelsea midfielder Mateo Kovacic tests positive for coronavirus
- Robert Lewandowski targeting goalscoring record against Barcelona in Wednesday’s Champions League clash
Solskjaer was less than impressed by how the Villa players behaved by gathering around Fernandes before he stood up to take his penalty.
The United manager said (as per the Metro): “I wasn’t going to mention it but it’s not right that they do that. I guess that should be a yellow card for someone but they have achieved what they wanted.
“The way they get around the penalty spot, get around Bruno… that’s not to my liking.”
The 1-0 defeat hurts and so does how we played, but Villa got the resulted they wanted and won’t be too bothered about the way they want about achieving that.
Former Portsmouth star Richard Hughes has revealed being headbutted by Cristiano Ronaldo was one...
Cesar Azpilicueta is reportedly in advanced talks with Barcelona over a move at the...
Atletico Madrid have reportedly joined the race for Manchester United and Liverpool-connected forward Ricardo...
Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel has uncovered that Mateo Kovacic has been tested positive for...