Ighalo joined United on loan from Shanghai Shenhua in January and scored four times in his first eight appearances for the 20-time English champions.
The Nigerian is on loan at United from Shanghai Shenhua, but the deal is due to expire next Friday, allowing the 30-year-old to return to action in the Chinese Super League when it eventually starts its season.
“As far as Ighalo goes, I think there is a relaxed mood from Manchester United,” said Cooper said. “The facts of the matter are that his contract comes to end next Friday, May 31.
“There is a will from Manchester United to keep the player, I think equally Shanghai Shenhua would like the player back in China playing for them.
“The relaxed attitude that comes from Manchester United, is that Marcus Rashford is now fit and so there is less need for Ighalo. But I think all things being equal United would like to keep him.”
Ighalo’s personal trainer recently claimedthat the striker wanted to finish his career at Old Trafford.
- Report: Suarez’s Move To Atletico Back On
- Morata Returns To Juventus In Deal Potentially Worth €55M
- Luton Town 0-3 Manchester United: Rashford, Greenwood Scores As Utd Proceeds (Highlight)
- ‘Real Madrid Should Kiss The Floor Bale Walks On’, Says Agent (Why?)
- Chelsea News: Mendy To Undergo Medical Today