Manchester United have returned more certain Covid cases from their players around the same time they got back to Carrington.
The Red Devils’ clash with Brentford was postpoend due to a coronavirus outbreak in Ralf Rangnick’s crew.
- ‘We did not take what we deserve’ – Chelsea boss reacts to Leicester draw
- Everton 3-2 Crystal Palace Highlights
- Chelsea 1-1 Leicester Highlights
- Chelsea receive boost in Jules Kounde pursuit
- ‘I will be there’ – Fabinho gives fitness update ahead Champions League final
United’s Carrington training ground was shut on Monday as the players were instructed to stay away for 24 hours.
Those who returned negative lateral flow and PCR tests were then allowed to return for training at 10am on Wednesday.
But, according to the Daily Mail, at least two more players have subsequently been sent home after testing positive.
Although the first team were not at the training ground on Tuesday, over 130 staff were still on the Carrington site including the women’s squad, Under-18s and U23s.
The situation now means United’s match on Saturday at home to Brighton could be called off.
“We were the better team and deserved to win,” Thomas Tuchel told a press...