Manchester United have reportedly been informed that they should pay €120m (£103m) to sign Atletico Madrid midfielder Marcos Llorente during this present summer’s transfer window.
The 26-year-old has been in noteworthy structure for Diego Simeone’s side during the 2020-21 campaign, scoring 10 times and contributing nine assists in 36 appearances in all competition.
A new report guaranteed that Man United had made a €80m (£68.5m) offer for the Spain international trying to get him to the Premier League.
- Manchester United eyeing Leicester center-back for a possible move this summer
- Kano Pillars officially unvail Super Eagles captain Ahmed Musa
- Report: Manchester United plot Raphael Varane bid in summer
However, according to Marca, Atletico have made it clear that Llorente will not be allowed to leave Wanda Metropolitano unless his full release clause is met.
As a result, the Red Devils will allegedly have to place €120m (£103m) on the table in order to open contract negotiations with the former Real Madrid youngster.
Llorente’s existing deal with Simeone’s team is due to run until June 2024.
- Chelsea manager reveals he is ‘not the guy’ to speaks on the Blues’ involvement in Super League
- Leeds United 1-1 Liverpool Highlight
- UEFA president claims ‘there could Champions League without European Super League clubs’
- Europe Super League: Check out statements, formats, first 12 founders (all round updates)
- Atalanta 1-0 Juventus Highlight