Marcus Rashford is still ‘embarrassed’ by Sunday’s Liverpool humiliation and says his fellow flops must redeem their tattered reputations.
Manchester United’s England striker finally broke his silence on the 5-0 Old Trafford hammering when he tweeted last night: “I can’t lie. You haven’t heard from me because as a United fan I didn’t really know what to say after Sunday.
- ‘We did not take what we deserve’ – Chelsea boss reacts to Leicester draw
- Everton 3-2 Crystal Palace Highlights
- Chelsea 1-1 Leicester Highlights
- Chelsea receive boost in Jules Kounde pursuit
- ‘I will be there’ – Fabinho gives fitness update ahead Champions League final
“I was embarrassed. I am embarrassed. Our fans are everything and you didn’t deserve that.
“We’re working hard to try and fix this. We have to redeem ourselves.”
Rashford’s comments come after team-mates Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw, David de Gea and Cristiano Ronaldo admitted the performance was unacceptable.
They also came on the day Sir Alex Ferguson was accused of undermining beleaguered Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Fergie was at the club’s Carrington training base on Tuesday following emergency talks over Solskjaer’s future, just two days after the humiliating 5-0 defeat by Liverpool.
“We were the better team and deserved to win,” Thomas Tuchel told a press...