Liverpool are keen on Kylian Mbappe, boss Jurgen Klopp has confirmed, yet won’t be brought into a transfer battle with any semblance of Real Madrid.
The 23-year-old’s agreement at Paris Saint-Germain lapses toward the finish of the campaign and Madrid, who fizzled with a £170million bid the previous summer, are reportedly closing in on a huge Bosman deal ahead of the summer.
- Messi overtakes Cristiano Ronaldo in shirt sales as PSG sell ONE MILLION (Details)
- BREAKING: Chelsea confirm Petr Cech exit (Details)
- Ferguson Rule! Man Utd new boss orders 15mm grass as he brings back Fergie directive
- Hakim Ziyech to be involved in raphina deal- source reveals
- Top sources reveals why Chelsea haven’t made any bid for a midfielder yet
PSG stay frantic to keep hold of Mbappe, who was crowned Ligue 1’s player of the season subsequent to scoring 25 goals, however reports on Monday asserted a concurrence with the Spanish giant could be settled on Tuesday.
Liverpool have for some time been connected with a move for the World Cup winner however Klopp was tight-lipped about any contact with the player.
“Of course, we’re interested in Kylian. We’re not blind,” Klopp told reporters ahead of Tuesday’s Premier League game against Southampton. “I have nothing to say about (the reported contact). Between Kylian and Liverpool … it’s all fine.”