Mexico got their international window looking positive so far, procuring a 2-1 win over Nigeria in Arlington on Sunday.
In front of a healthy crowd in Texas, William Troost-Ekong’s own-goal in the 56th minute eventually proved the difference between the two sides, only two minutes after Cyriel Dessers equalised for Nigeria.
- Chelsea close to agreeing £55m fee for Raphinha (Details)
- Report: Barcelona to submit 3rd Bayern’s Robert Lewandowski bid
- Matt explains why Tuchel wants Raphinha as the Blues close in signing Leeds’ winger
- WATCH: Leo Messi bumps into fan at the pool, Grealish filmed in his Boxers at Maguire’s wedding￼
- Why De Jong has repeatedly talk down Man Utd transfer
Though Nigeria failed to qualify for this year’s World Cup, El Tri are ramping up preparations for the event in Qatar, with this being the first of three friendlies before the CONCACAF Nations League opener against Suriname in June.