The Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho revealed his family’s pet Yorkshire Terrier, Leya, passed away over the festive season, the day before his team’s Boxing Day clash with Brighton.
The Spurs manager arrived at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium ahead of his side’s clash with Brighton , before revealing the news to broadcasters Amazon Prime.
When asked by presenter Jim Rosenthal how his Christmas was, Mourinho replied: “To be honest, it was very sad because my dog died and my dog is my family.
“But we have to move on.”
Mourinho was visibly upset at the loss of his pet Yorkshire Terrier.
He did not give further details of the passing of Leya, but was appreciative of Rosenthal’s commiserations.
It is not known how old Leya was, but she had been with Mourinho since before 2007.
Mourinho was arrested and cautioned around that time for a row with police over Leya’s welfare, after it was reported the she had been taken abroad without correct vaccinations.
It is not ideal preparation for Mourinho, whose side can jump up to fifth in the table with a win over Brighton.
- ‘I can offer you more trainers’ – Mbappe jokingly urges Arsenal target to stay
- BVB 1-0 Hertha: BVB still 7 pts behind Bayern with 4 games left
- How Frank Lampard helped Chelsea pull off shock Timo Werner transfer
- Project Restart: Premier League stadiums to be divided into three
- Leverkusen 2-4 Bayern: Leaders closer to title but Lewy & Muller to be banned