With the season suspended due to coronavirus, Paris Saint-Germain and Brazil forward Neymar is still working hard.
Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar is preparing for a return, saying he was training even harder than he would at the Ligue 1 club.
While PSG were crowned Ligue 1 champions as the season was cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic, they are also in the Champions League quarter-finals and Coupe de France and Coupe de la Ligue deciders.
Neymar says he’s “training even harder” than usual
Neymar, 28, has been at home in Brazil for two months amid the Covid-19 crisis, which has killed more than 308,000 people worldwide.
But the Brazil international is working hard, guided by his physical trainer, Ricardo Rosa.
“I’m here, training hard, on the same rhythm and frequency that I would in the club. Training even harder actually, with more activities to compensate for the lack of games,” Neymar said, via his website.
“The intention is to be ready for when they signal the return of club activities, so I can be in the best possible condition.
“Of course that I miss the competition, but Rica made a planning that I have been following on the line.”
- Lionel Messi could leave when his contract expires (DETAILS)
- Bayern Munich sign Sane from Manchester City for reported €45M
- Mourinho fears for football’s future after Spurs hit by VAR woe
- Man City 4-0 Liverpool: City smashed the champion (Highlight)
- Inter complete signing of Hakimi for reported €40M fee