The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has announced the extension of Gernot Rohr’s coaching contract for the senior national soccer team, the Super Eagles.
Nigeria Football Federation President, Amaju Melvin Pinnick, announced the contract extension in a tweet on Wednesday afternoon, May 27, 2020.
In the tweet sighted by African Entertainment, he says “I’m happy to announce that the @ thenff and Coach Gernot Rohr have concluded all contractual discussions and he will stay on as Coach of the Super Eagles.”
“We have always had confidence in his abilities and we are confident that the national team can only go higher from here.”
Rohr’s contract was prior to announcement due to expire in June and negotiation had been ongoing for months.
According to him in a thread of tweets, “With the distraction of the contract talks out of the way now, we can now face our football on the pitch, totally.
“Again, I never lost confidence in Gernot Rohr’s ability to take our football forward and I’m convinced our football will only get better from here on.”
“Hopefully, our lives will get back to normal soon and these trying times will be behind us.”
- Napoli confident of signing Lille’s Osimhen, Gabriel for €100M
- Inter still in talks with Man United and Chelsea over Sanchez and Moses
- Arteta back Aubameyang over his request from Arsenal [Must Read]
- Mikel Arteta hopeful Aubameyang will agree new Arsenal deal
- Eto’o: Sanchez can make a difference when Inter chase Serie A title