‘No contact’ from Manchester United over Sancho, Dortmund CEO Clarifies

Spread the love

Borussia Dortmund boss Hans-Joachim Watzke says the Bundesliga runners-up have had “no contact” with Manchester United over England winger Jadon Sancho.

According to UK media reports, United prefer to sign the 20-year-old who scored 17 goals and created the same variety of assists last season as Dortmund finished second at the back of champions Bayern Munich.

Sancho is valued at around €120 million ($142 million) and Dortmund have said they have yet to acquire an offer for their talented forward, who joined in 2017 from Manchester City’s academy.

“So far, there has been no contact between Borussia Dortmund and Manchester United in terms of Sancho,” chief government Watzke told Munich-based newspaper Sueddeutsche Zeitung.

“Not even indirectly or through so-called middlemen.

“There has by no means been an offer for Jadon, but there is a certain sum from us as to what must at least be paid,” Watzke added, referring to the €120-million price tag.

Dortmund in position of power in Sancho deal (BBC)

“I don’t expect there to be any problems.

“Jadon has established the situation and is a pleasant, fair bloke.”

Dortmund’s director of sport Michael Zorc says he plans to have Sancho in the squad for the new German league season, which kicks off on September 18.

“I assume Jadon to go to training camp on Monday (at Bad Ragaz, Switzerland) and play with us for the coming season,” added Zorc.

However, the transfer window in each Germany and England does not close until October 5, a date prolonged due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Dortmund need to handle Sancho carefully as each former stars Ousmane Dembele and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang forced transfers to Barcelona in 2017 and Arsenal in 2018 respectively by effectively going on strike.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *