Manchester United received a timely injury boost with the return of Marcus Rashford for Saturday’s Premier League match with Leicester.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed that the striker, 23, is back in contention for a first outing of the season, following surgery on a shoulder issue in the summer.
- Richard Hughes: Cristiano Ronaldo headbutted me and got sent off, it’s a career highlight for me
- Azpilicueta in advanced transfer talks over free Barcelona move in January
- Atletico Madrid to battle Liverpool, Manchester United for 18-year-old striker
- Chelsea midfielder Mateo Kovacic tests positive for coronavirus
- Robert Lewandowski targeting goalscoring record against Barcelona in Wednesday’s Champions League clash
“He’s in the squad,” Solskjaer told reporters, “If he’s going to start or not, I can’t tell you now because it wouldn’t be right.
“But he’s worked really hard throughout the whole lay-off and he’s been bright this week.
“He had a 60-minute involvement behind closed doors last week, so he’s fit and raring to go.”
Rashford last played in the Euro 2020 final and was expected to miss three months when operated on in mid-July.
Former Portsmouth star Richard Hughes has revealed being headbutted by Cristiano Ronaldo was one...
Cesar Azpilicueta is reportedly in advanced talks with Barcelona over a move at the...
Atletico Madrid have reportedly joined the race for Manchester United and Liverpool-connected forward Ricardo...
Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel has uncovered that Mateo Kovacic has been tested positive for...