RB Leipzig CEO Oliver Mintzlaff says centre-back Dayot Upamecano will either sign a new contract at the club or be sold in the coming weeks.
The French defender, who has been heavily linked with Arsenal in the past, is out of contract next summer and Mintzlaff says there is no chance the Bundesliga side will risk letting him run down his deal.
“Upa is an extremely important player for us and one of the most sought-after talents in his position,” Mintzlaff told Bild. “One thing we can assure you of is that we have a very clear understanding with him and his agent that he will not be allowed to leave for free.
“We can’t afford that as a club.
“There are two options for him – he will either sign a contract extension or leave.
“I’m sure that we will know relatively quickly in which direction it goes.”
- Inter complete signing of Hakimi for reported €40M feeSpread the loveInter Milan have made their first big splash of the summer, announcing the signing of explosive
- GOOD NEWS: Djokovic, wife test negative for coronavirusSpread the loveTen days after announcing they had contracted the coronavirus, Novak Djokovic and his
- Tyson Fury, Deomtay Wilder camps targeting Dec. 19 trilogy fight dateSpread the loveTyson Fury’s and Deontay Wilder’s camps are considering dates for their trilogy bout,
- Griezmann’s family slams Setien after late substitution against AtleticoSpread the loveThe discord at Barcelona is boiling over. Antoine Griezmann’s father and brother slammed manager Quique
- West Ham 3-2 Chelsea: The blues drops points (Highlight)Spread the loveWest Ham stunned Chelsea in the Premier League on Wednesday night after coming