Paul Pogba wants to stay at Manchester United and sign a new long-term £400,000-a-week deal, according to reports.
The Frenchman is in the last year of his Old Trafford contract and would be free to talk with other clubs in January.
- Portugal or Italy will definitely miss FIFA World Cup 2022
- ‘Not good news for other teams’- Jurgen Klopp reacts as Man United nearing Ralf Rangnick appointment
- Louis Saha reveals why Roy Keane is angry with Manchester United defender Harry Maguire
- Ronaldo Manchester United’s style under threat with Ralf Rangnick appointment
- Report: PSG begin talks with former Madrid boss to replace Man United target Pochettino
But his preference is to stay and sign a bumper new deal, according to L’Equipe.
The 87-cap France international is said to have told those closest to him he expects to become one of the Premier League’s highest paid players.
His team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo is the league’s top earner on a staggering £480k-a-week.
Kevin De Bruyne is second with a weekly wage of £385k with United keeper David De Gea’s £375k putting him third.
Pogba would slot in at No 2 if he seals a £400k contract.
One of Italy or Portugal won’t be at the World Cup in 2022 subsequent...
‘Not good news for other teams’- Jurgen Klopp reacts as Man United nearing Ralf Rangnick appointment
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp admits Ralf Rangnick‘s imminent arrival at Manchester United is “unfortunate”...
Louis Saha has declared Roy Keane was right in his criticism of Harry Maguire...
Cristiano Ronaldo may reportedly need to change his playing style to highlight in a...