Pep Guardiola cautioned his Manchester City stars they should live for their calling – or risk getting abandoned.
Record signing Jack Grealish and England team-mate Phil Foden were axed for the trip to Newcastle last Sunday.
- ‘We did not take what we deserve’ – Chelsea boss reacts to Leicester draw
- Everton 3-2 Crystal Palace Highlights
- Chelsea 1-1 Leicester Highlights
- Chelsea receive boost in Jules Kounde pursuit
- ‘I will be there’ – Fabinho gives fitness update ahead Champions League final
Guardiola said: “In our careers, the work you do on and off the pitch is the same importance, the same. It’s so important.
“It’s so demanding physically and mentally – you have to live for your profession. All the time, every single second.
“Otherwise there are guys that they are going to live every single day for this profession and they are going to sustain longer in it.
“But this is the message I’ve given to them, six years ago, every year, every month, every day many times.
“You have to prepare and a lot of players live in this way and that is why we are so consistent these last seasons.”
“We were the better team and deserved to win,” Thomas Tuchel told a press...