Cristiano Ronaldo scored his 10th international hat-trick as Portugal brushed Luxembourg aside to turn the heat up in Group A of World Cup qualifying.
The 36-year-old converted from the penalty spot twice within five electric first-half minutes to cap a blistering start from Portugal.
- Marcus Rashford camp sad with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer comments (Details)
- Chelsea boss risks FA charge over comments about referee before Brentford win
- Arsenal vs Crystal Palace: Team news, possible line-up
- ‘Bring the kid back’ – Arsenal fans make Guendouzi point after masterclass
- Arsenal legend reveals who inspired his coaching career
Having won one of the penalties, Bernardo Silva then slipped in Ronaldo’s teammate Bruno Fernandes, who hammered home Portugal’s third with just 17 minutes on the clock, as the hosts threatened to run riot.
Ronaldo passed up the opportunity for a first-half hat-trick when he shot straight at goalkeeper Anthony Moris, and after the restart, flashed a toe-poked effort inches wide of the far post.