Otavio marked his senior international debut with a goal as Portugal beat nine-man Qatar 3-1 in Saturday’s international friendly at the Nagyerdei Stadium in Hungary.
Quickfire goals from Silva and Otavio, both sublime headers, in the 23rd and 24th minutes appeared to have ended Qatar’s chances. And their night turned sour when goalkeeper Meshaal Barsham was sent off just before half-time for a cynical-looking foul on Goncalo Guedes.
- Manchester United vs West Ham: Confirmed lineups
- “That’s not a problem with me” – Noble speaks on penalty he missed against United
- Barcelona interested in Manchester United attacker
- Manchester United name Elanga and Alex Telles in squad to face West Ham
- “People are suggesting he’s bigger than Man United” – Simon Jordan reacts to Cristiano’s touchline incident
The Maroons were in for a long night, but held their fort steady in the second half. However, a foul inside the area on Diogo Jota by Tarek Salman gave Portugal a penalty.
Fernandes made no mistake from 12 yards, but moments before taking it up, another Qatar player – Boualem Khoukhi – was sent off for remonstrating.
Qatar 1-3 Portugal highlights