Manchester United boss Ralf Rangnick has revealed reason why Cristiano Ronaldo missed Manchester United’s FA Cup tie against Aston Villa.
The forward was left out of the squad completely against Steven Gerrard’s Villa.
- ‘We did not take what we deserve’ – Chelsea boss reacts to Leicester draw
- Everton 3-2 Crystal Palace Highlights
- Chelsea 1-1 Leicester Highlights
- Chelsea receive boost in Jules Kounde pursuit
- ‘I will be there’ – Fabinho gives fitness update ahead Champions League final
And manager Rangnick confirmed Ronaldo has suffered a knock and was not risked for the cup clash.
He said: “I spoke with Cristiano yesterday before training, he told me that he had some problems for the last couple of days, some minor problems.
“In the end we decided to not take any risks in a cup game that could easily last 120 minutes.”
He added: “I suppose he will be in the stadium but he had some problems with his hip, with his hip muscle, and we just decided that it would be better for him not to play this game.
“I don’t think it’s anything serious.”
“We were the better team and deserved to win,” Thomas Tuchel told a press...