Real Madrid produced an astonishing late fightback to snatch a place in the Champions League final at the expense of Manchester City on Wednesday.
Substitute Rodrygo scored twice in the closing minutes of a tense semi-final second leg at the Bernabeu Stadium before Karim Benzema settled a tie that will live long in the memory with an extra-time penalty to make it 6-5 on aggregate.
- BREAKING: Chelsea confirm Petr Cech exit (Details)
- Ferguson Rule! Man Utd new boss orders 15mm grass as he brings back Fergie directive
- Hakim Ziyech to be involved in raphina deal- source reveals
- Top sources reveals why Chelsea haven’t made any bid for a midfielder yet
- PSG President voices out; speaks about club project regarding player sales
Riyad Mahrez had put City on course for a final date with rivals Liverpool in Paris later this month when he broke the deadlock in the 73rd minute, putting the English side 5-3 ahead on aggregate.
Yet, just as they had failed to press home their advantage in last week’s classic first encounter at the Etihad Stadium, Pep Guardiola’s side again failed to keep tight at the back, losing 3-1 on the night.