Egypt Under-23s manager Shawky Gharib has reportedly included Liverpool winger Mohamed Salah in his squad for this present summer’s Olympic Games in Tokyo.
Gharib has for quite some time been quick to include Salah as one of his three more than 23 players for the competition, which is set to run during Liverpool’s pre-season and may even cover into the beginning of the new Premier League season.
According to 90min’s Tom Gott, Liverpool are reluctant to let Salah go, but that has not stopped Gharib, who told OnTime Sports TV (via the Liverpool Echo) that he has already decided to include the 28-year-old in his squad.
You may like 👇
- Sassuolo 0-3 Ac Milan: Rossoneri crowned champions of Italy first time since 2011
- Man City win Premier League title after incredible comeback against Aston villa
- La Liga report PSG to UEFA after Kylian Mbappe’s contract renewal
“The only senior player who has been chosen is Mohamed Salah, he’s one of the best three players in the world,” Gharib said. “The remaining choices will depend on the team’s need. Let’s wait until the tournament draw and see who will join the likes of France, Argentina and Germany.”
While the idea of losing Salah at such an important point in the season might be a little scary for Liverpool, there isn’t really too much to worry about. FIFA do not recognise the Olympics as an official tournament, instead categorising it as an Under-23 event, and because of that, clubs are not required to release their players.
Latest transfers News 👇
- Official: Kylian Mbappe agrees contract extension with PSG as he turns down Real Madrid
- Real Madrid sends message to Kylian Mbappe after extending contract with PSG
- Bayern Munich and PSG ‘in the race’ to sign Sadio Mane this summer
- Chelsea receive boost in Jules Kounde pursuit
- PSG back out as Juventus’ official offer to sign Man Utd midfielder revealed
Milan have been crowned as Serie A champion interestingly since the 2010-11 campaign subsequent...
Manchester City needed to do it the most difficult way possible on the last...
As Paris Saint-Germain have declared the extension of Kylian Mbappe, La Liga put out...
Kylian Mbappe has decided to stay at Paris Saint-Germain on a long-term contract, turning...