Roy keane slammed Arsenal for their ‘over the top’ celebrations after beating newcastle 4-0 on the emirates on sunday.
Alexander Lacazette was mobbed by his team-mates after scoring the Gunners’ fourth and final goal in injury-time, shortly after coming on as a late substitute.
Keane was asked about Arsenal’s reaction to their victory over Newcastle and said the club shouldn’t be celebrating beating a side of the Magpies’ stature.
‘That was way over the top,’ he told Sky Sports.
‘I thought they were 10 points clear at the top of the league the way they were celebrating at the end.
‘Forget Arsenal. You’ve beaten Newcastle 4-0. Ridiculous.’
Despite Keane’s damning view, Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta reserved praise for summer signing Nicolas Pepe after his impressive display on Sunday.
‘We just need consistency from him. The way he applied himself defensively he was top drawer, things he wasn’t doing in the past.’
Arsenal remain in 10th place despite their win and are still seven points behind fourth-placed Chelsea with 12 games remaining.
- EPL restart fixtures confirmed: City-Arsenal on June 17, Spurs-Utd on June 19
- Arsenal ready to sell Kieran Tierney
- Manchester United will not rival Chelsea for Timo Werner.
- Barca can’t afford €111m Lautaro though Inter accept €90m cash plus player (MD)
- Saul apologises over ‘new club’ announcement amid Man United links (Standard)