Manchester United are driving the race to sign Napoli striker Victor Osimhen, as indicated by reports.
The 23-year-old has had a productive season with 16 goals in 28 appearances.
- ‘We did not take what we deserve’ – Chelsea boss reacts to Leicester draw
- Everton 3-2 Crystal Palace Highlights
- Chelsea 1-1 Leicester Highlights
- Chelsea receive boost in Jules Kounde pursuit
- ‘I will be there’ – Fabinho gives fitness update ahead Champions League final
That has sparked interest in Osimhen from several clubs in the Premier League with United tabling an £84million bid, report La Repubblica.
The offer puts the Red Devils in a commanding position in the race to sign the Nigerian as it matches Napoli’s asking price – which no other club has managed.
Arsenal and Newcastle are interested in Osimhen and both have prioritised signing a striker in the summer, with Toon missing out on Benfica’s Darwin Nunez in January.
United also want to sign Nunez and Erik ten Hag is keen to add a striker to his squad with Edinson Cavani set to leave.
“We were the better team and deserved to win,” Thomas Tuchel told a press...