Sweden came from behind to beat Spain 2-1 and leapfrog the visitors for first place of their World Cup qualifying group on Thursday.
Carlos Soler scored five minutes into his debut for Spain to put the visitors in front, but Aleksander Isak leveled seconds later.
- Sassuolo 0-3 Ac Milan: Rossoneri crowned champions of Italy first time since 2011
- Man City win Premier League title after incredible comeback against Aston villa
- La Liga report PSG to UEFA after Kylian Mbappe’s contract renewal
- Official: Kylian Mbappe agrees contract extension with PSG as he turns down Real Madrid
- Real Madrid sends message to Kylian Mbappe after extending contract with PSG
Viktor Claesson put Sweden ahead for good in the 57th. Only some desperate defending by Spain’s defenders denied Isak a chance to add another goal on the counterattack.
“We told ourselves that this is our home turf and we have to play for three points,” Isak said. “Our defense was solid, as usual, and we played better in attack, creating chances. We deserved this win.”
When Spain and Sweden met in the group phase of the European Championship in June, neither could find the net in a scoreless stalemate.
This time, the two attacks both struck early in a vibrant showing by the Swedes at Friends Arena, thrilling the nearly 17,000 fans in the largest crowd since the pandemic for a Sweden game.
Sweden 2-1 Spain highlights
Milan have been crowned as Serie A champion interestingly since the 2010-11 campaign subsequent...
Manchester City needed to do it the most difficult way possible on the last...
As Paris Saint-Germain have declared the extension of Kylian Mbappe, La Liga put out...
Kylian Mbappe has decided to stay at Paris Saint-Germain on a long-term contract, turning...