Two men have been arrested after items were thrown onto the pitch during Chelsea’s clash with Tottenham yesterday.
The Football Association (FA) have launched an urgent investigation after Blues defender Antonio Rudiger became the latest victim of crowd trouble in the Premier League.
- ‘We did not take what we deserve’ – Chelsea boss reacts to Leicester draw
- Everton 3-2 Crystal Palace Highlights
- Chelsea 1-1 Leicester Highlights
- Chelsea receive boost in Jules Kounde pursuit
- ‘I will be there’ – Fabinho gives fitness update ahead Champions League final
Objects, including a lighter, appeared to be thrown in the Germany defender’s direction from the away end at Stamford Bridge.
The Metropolitan Police confirmed two men were taken into custody, while they are also trying identify anyone else who was throwing objects.
The incident followed similar ugly scenes at Goodison Park on Saturday, where a teenager was charged with assault and throwing an item onto the pitch during Everton’s clash with Aston Villa.
“We were the better team and deserved to win,” Thomas Tuchel told a press...