During a conference call with players on Friday, NBA commissioner Adam Silver said Orlando and Las Vegas could serve as locations for Eastern and Western conference play, respectively, if the 2019-20 season resumes, sources told Yahoo Sports’ Chris Haynes.
Silver added that he hopes each playoff series remains a best-of-seven, and every postseason matchup could progress faster without the need to travel, reports ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
However, if the league’s hiatus continues further, Silver said “tough decisions” will need to be made involving teams currently sitting outside the playoffs, which could end the postseason pursuit for those clubs, reports Haynes.
The Portland Trail Blazers, New Orleans Pelicans, Sacramento Kings, and San Antonio Spurs are all within four games of the Memphis Grizzlies, who hold the eighth seed in the Western Conference.
If a player tests positive upon returning, Silver hopes the NBA will have implemented daily testing measures by then, and the affected individual could be isolated in quarantine while play continues, sources told The Athletic’s Shams Charania.
- Liverpool fans reacts to Hargreaves suggestion over Werner move
- Mike Tyson anxious to get back to the ring with big-name opponents
- Wolfsburg 0-2 Dortmund: BVB keep pressure on Bayern (All Goals)
- BREAKING: Spanish Prime Minister confirms La Liga will resume from June 8
- Charles Watts: Arsenal ‘absolutely want to sign Partey