Connect with us

Football

Wales vs England – World Cup: Team news, lineup & prediction

Published

on


Wales and England will face off at the Ahmed bin Ali Stadium on Tuesday in their final group game at this World Cup, with both sides keen to end on the strongest note possible.

The game is a must-win for Rob Page’s Wales side, who would need to gain three points and pull off a remarkable swing in goal difference in order to progress from Group B.

England can almost taste the last 16 after taking four points from their first two games, but the Three Lions’ failure to beat the USA in their second game means it’s still all to play for.

Advertisement

Here’s all you need to know about this Home Nations clash in Qatar.

Wales vs England H2H Results (All Time)

Current Form (Last Five Games)

Wales team news

Wales will be without first-choice goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey after the 35-year-old picked up a straight red in his side’s defeat against Iran.

Midfield lynchpin Joe Allen could be fit to start against England, having made his return from injury as a substitute in that 2-0 defeat.

Wales Starting 11 (3-5-2): Ward; Mepham, Rodon, Davies; Roberts, Allen, Ampadu, Wilson, Williams; Bale, Moore.
Bench: Davies, Gunter, Lockyer, Cabango, Ramsey, Morrell, Williams, Thomas, Levitt, Colwill, Smith, Johnson, Harris, James.

Advertisement

England team news

Once again, England fans face a nervous wait to see if Harry Kane will be fit to face Wales.

The England captain was photographed with his ankle bandaged up following the draw against the USA, having previously picked up a knock there against Iran.

There are no fresh injury concerns for Gareth Southgate’s side, however, and the only other debate is whether the manager opts to rotate the side following their stodgy performance in their second game.

England Starting 11 (4-3-3): Pickford; Trippier, Stones, Maguire, Shaw; Rice, Bellingham, Foden; Saka, Kane, Rashford.
Bench: Pope, Ramsdale, Walker, Alexander-Arnold, Dier, Coady, White, Henderson, Philips, Mount, Gallagher, Grealish, Sterling, Wilson, Maddison.

Advertisement

Wales have no choice but to go all out in order to win this game, with only a heavy win giving the Dragons a chance of qualification from Group B.

Even a 33-year-old Gareth Bale is still unplayable on his day and Kieffer Moore’s aerial dominance could cause England’s defence some problems – however, in all honesty, this should be a straightforward win for the Three Lions.

The gaps in the Welsh midfield have been incredibly noticeable in their first two games, and as they throw men forward in search of goals there should be plenty of space for England to exploit.

Prediction: Wales 0-2 England

Advertisement



Source link

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

EPL

Cody Gakpo reflects on first month at Liverpool

Published

on


Liverpool forward Cody Gakpo has opened up on his first month on the books at Anfield, admitting he is still getting used to Jurgen Klopp’s tactics.

The Dutchman was wanted by a number of elite sides, with Manchester United expected to win the race for his signature, but it was Liverpool who snuck in and agreed to pay an initial £35m to bring Gakpo to England.

The 23-year-old, who made his name as a left winger but has spent time as a striker at Liverpool, is yet to score after four appearances for his new side, but he told club media that is it just a matter of getting to grips with his new surroundings

Advertisement

“My feeling, personally, is everyone in the team has so much quality,” he said. “That is what I see in training and in phases in the games.

“It is also a part of football, that sometimes things don’t work out exactly the way you want them to. We just have to keep improving, working hard, and the quality will come out. Then, you’re going to see the real Liverpool.”

He continued: “From a football perspective, it’s a new environment on the pitch, with new players and a new team. I can tell it’s a really great group. Every day I am looking forward to working with them, to train hard and to play the games. I am trying to adapt as quickly as possible, to improve every day and in the end show the best version of myself.

“Off the pitch, to be honest, I haven’t been in the city so many times yet. Most of the time I have been in the hotel. I am moving this week, actually. That’s also something I’m looking forward to.”

Advertisement

Listen now as Scott Saunders hosts Graeme Bailey and Toby Cudworth to discuss the latest transfer news. On today’s agenda: Dusan Vlahovic, Anthony Gordon, Enzo Fernandes, Amadou Onana, Malo Gusto, Nicolo Zaniolo, Pedro Porro, Weston McKennie, Milan Skriniar, Maiximo Perrone & more!

If you can’t see this embed, click here to listen to the podcast!

Gakpo also confessed that he is still trying to adapt to his new role in Liverpool’s team.

“It is a little bit different to what I’m used to,” the Dutchman admitted. “Normally, I have played on the left for almost the past three years.

Advertisement

“It’s something I can improve, playing in the striker role, and I want to show my quality there. It’s a great position and playing there makes me more complete as a technical player.





Source link

Continue Reading

EPL

Fulham launch bid Fluminense midfielder Andre

Published

on


Fulham have made a bid to sign Fluminense midfielder Andre, 90min understands.

The 21-year-old has quickly established himself as one of Fluminense’s top players and a number of sides across Europe have expressed an interest in luring him away from his homeland in 2023.

Sources have confirmed to 90min that Fulham have approached Fluminense to try and thrash out a deal, but the Brazilian side are reluctant to part ways with their star player during the 2023 campaign.

Advertisement

Andre, who has been linked with the likes of Barcelona and Liverpool, has spoken out about the interest and insisted his focus remains solely on his current employers.

“Obviously, I’m focused and very happy,” Andre said recently. “I just renewed my contract until 2026.

“It’s normal to get offers, but I’m focused here on Fluminense and having an excellent season.”

Listen now as Scott Saunders hosts Graeme Bailey and Toby Cudworth to discuss the latest transfer news. On today’s agenda: Dusan Vlahovic, Anthony Gordon, Enzo Fernandes, Amadou Onana, Malo Gusto, Nicolo Zaniolo, Pedro Porro, Weston McKennie, Milan Skriniar, Maiximo Perrone & more!

Advertisement

If you can’t see this embed, click here to listen to the podcast!

Andre’s agent, Carlos Leite, also took to Instagram to confirm that the 21-year-old had agreed to remain with Fluminense until the end of the current campaign, which runs over the entire calendar year.

“Thanks to the great work carried out, Andre entered the radars of some of the biggest European clubs and, with that, he has received several enquiries and some official proposals,” Leite wrote.

“However, the player and Fluminense, through president Mario Bittencourt, sealed an agreement for the midfielder to remain at the club at this time, with all the dedication and commitment, always seeking the best for Fluminense in all competitions.”

Advertisement





Source link

Continue Reading

EPL

Sporting CP manager makes Pedro Porro admission as Tottenham talks continue

Published

on


Sporting CP manager Ruben Amorim has warned Tottenham that he will not take right-back Pedro Porro out of his starting lineup until a transfer has been 100% agreed.

90min understands Tottenham are confident they will get a deal over the line for the 23-year-old eventually, but Sporting’s reluctance to budge from their asking price of Porro’s €45m release clause has led to some lengthy negotiations which are not yet over.

And while Porro is still contracted to Sporting, Amorim will not hesitate to use the right-back and risk an injury which could see the entire move collapse.

Advertisement

“Porro does not leave before the game,” Amorim said ahead of Saturday’s Allianz Cup final against Porto. “Clubs have to come first, and as far as I know, a player who is able to play and is signed up by a club, he has to go to games.

“I realise that [negotiations] involve a lot of players’ minds, but the indication I have is that Porro is fit, and the most important thing for me, as a manager, is that if he wasn’t there, there would be someone else. The game cannot be played with just one player. Porro is fit. Whatever has to happen will happen, we are prepared for all scenarios.”

Listen now as Scott Saunders hosts Graeme Bailey and Toby Cudworth to discuss the latest transfer news. On today’s agenda: Dusan Vlahovic, Anthony Gordon, Enzo Fernandes, Amadou Onana, Malo Gusto, Nicolo Zaniolo, Pedro Porro, Weston McKennie, Milan Skriniar, Maiximo Perrone & more!

If you can’t see this embed, click here to listen to the podcast!

Advertisement

Amorim continued: “Is this Porro’s last game at the club? I don’t know. There are a few days left until February 1, then everyone will know if Porro stays or leaves.

“Porro hasn’t left yet. We are scouting, but not everything is easy, you’re in a real hurry to send Porro away!”

Spurs have repeatedly tried to lower Sporting’s asking price for Porro by including at least one player in the deal, but the Portuguese side have been clear about their determination to hold out for the right-back’s release clause – in full.





Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending

Home
Live Scores
Use App
Live TV
Predictions