Connect with us

Football

‘We had an agreement with Chelsea’ – Sevilla director reveals how Barca persuaded Kounde

Published

on

'We had an agreement with Chelsea' - Sevilla director reveals how Barca persuade Kounde

“Last Thursday we had an agreement with Chelsea and the player (Jules Kounde), Sevilla sporting director Monchi said on Sevilla radio.

“When everything was closed and there was a good offer, everything ended. And that’s where Barca appeared.

Advertisement

“The first time they (Barca) contacted us was last Monday, with Mateu Alemany. Barca made an effort and closed the deal.

Speaking further, Monchi said: “Kounde agreed on the move to Chelsea. At the club [Chelsea] they hesitated and said they wanted to wait.

Advertisement

“That wait was delayed and Barca appeared. It is true that Chelsea later wanted to return, but Barca’s offer at the end was better,” Monchi concluded.

Sevilla will get €50m for Kounde and another €5m in addition. The player has previously gone through his medicals in Barcelona.

Advertisement

The Frenchman won’t travel out to join Barca in the US, however could show up in the Joan Gamper Trophy against Pumas UNAM.

Source: Ruben Uria

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Pingback: Rumour: Real Madrid make enquiry for Armando Broja - Sportvectru

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

BUNDESLIGA

Bayern Munich vs Wolfsbrug: Confirmed lineups

Published

on

mane

Reigning Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich play host to Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga on Sunday afternoon.

The visitors will likely be on a damage limitation exercise after Bayern hit five past RB Leipzig and six past Eintracht Frankfurt in their first two games of the competitive season.

Advertisement

Line-up

Continue Reading

Football

Aubameyang clear the air concerning his future at Barcelona

Published

on

Aubameyang clear the air concerning his future at Barcelona amid Chelsea interest

Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang has clarified that he needs to remain at Barcelona this summer, as indicated by reports.

The 33-year-old has been intensely connected with a move to Chelsea with Thomas Tuchel quick to reinforce his forward line before the transfer window closes on September 1.

Advertisement

Aubameyang has been referenced as a potential target, after he scored 68 Premier League goals for Arsenal in his four-year spell at the Emirates Stadium.

According to Toni Juanmartí, Barcelona have rejected a €14million bid from Chelsea for the experienced forward. The Catalan giants want €20m for the Gabon international, who only joined the club in January on a free transfer after Arsenal terminated his contract.

Advertisement

However, it is understood Aubameyang does not want to leave Barcelona and is keen to fight for his place following the arrival of Robert Lewandowski from Bayern Munich. Mundo Deportivo report that Aubameyang is happy in Catalonia and does not see his long-term future away from the club.

This is despite reportedly being told that he will have a ‘secondary’ role at Barcelona this season, with Lewandowski, Raphinha, Ousmane Dembele and Ferran Torres all ahead of him in the pecking order. Chelsea are prepared to make him their main man up front after Romelu Lukaku re-joined Inter Milan on loan.

Advertisement

Barcelona are keen to sell Aubameyang as they see it as a way to free up funds to finance the proposed signing of Bernardo Silva from Manchester City. Xavi Hernandez considers the Portuguese international as a priority and believes he would give his squad an even greater leap in quality.

Source: Mirror

Advertisement
Continue Reading

EPL

Antonio Conte told he must improve Tottenham’s woeful record at Stamford Bridge

Published

on

Antonio Conte told he must improve Tottenham’s woeful record at Stamford Bridge
Photo credit: Skysports

Jamie Carragher has cautioned Antonio Conte he should address Tottenham’s embarrassing record at Stamford Bridge assuming that they are to become serious Premier League competitors.

Assumptions are high for Spurs this season, with a solid completion last season to get Champions League football upheld by a bustling summer of move action. Yves Bissouma, Richarlison and Ivan Perisic are among those to have arrived in north London.

Advertisement

Conte’s side came from behind to beat Southampton 4-1 in their opening match of the season, and they face an early test of their credentials with a trip to face Chelsea on Sunday.

Photo credit: Getty Images

Tottenham have won just once at Stamford Bridge since the inaugural Premier League season in 1992. That came in 2018, when Dele Alli scored twice in a 3-1 win, and Conte was in the home dugout as Chelsea boss.

Speaking ahead of Sunday’s clash, Carragher hit out at Spurs’ record at the ground, though he believes Conte could be the man to change it after the Italian led his side to draw at Anfield and victory away to Manchester City last season.

Advertisement

“I think we’ll see a lot of what Spurs are about today,” Carragher said.

“You’ve mentioned how many times they’ve won [at Stamford Bridge]. It’s embarrassing – two top teams, in London, to come here and only win once in the Premier League era.

Advertisement

“That’s what Antonio Conte has to change. If you look at the record last season against Liverpool and Manchester City, he got really big results.”

Source: EveningStandard

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending

Home
Live Scores
Videos
Live TV
Predictions