West Ham and Arsenal went into the break at the London Stadium on level terms after a thrilling end to an otherwise dull first-half.
Not until Rob Holding’s first-ever Premier League goal had either side mustered much of a chance as the Arsenal defender – in for the injured Ben White – glanced a brilliant header past Lukasz Fabianski in the 38th minute.
- Messi overtakes Cristiano Ronaldo in shirt sales as PSG sell ONE MILLION (Details)
- BREAKING: Chelsea confirm Petr Cech exit (Details)
- Ferguson Rule! Man Utd new boss orders 15mm grass as he brings back Fergie directive
- Hakim Ziyech to be involved in raphina deal- source reveals
- Top sources reveals why Chelsea haven’t made any bid for a midfielder yet
Seconds after, Aaron Ramsdale was called into action and pulled off a brilliant save from Declan Rice after the England man’s header at the near post following a corner.
The home side had reacted to well to falling behind, with Jarrod Bowen improvising a clever finish past Ramsdale just before the interval, via a deflection off of Gabriel.